Saturday 12 November 2016

Phillip Island - the Penguin Parade

There is a colony of Little Penguins on Phillip Island. Every night thousands of penguins come out of the ocean. They work hard to get out of the water because the waves push them forward then drag them back into the sea. They waddle up the beach. Nana thinks that it is interesting the way they sometimes walk up the beach a bit and then run back into the water. Some of them have chicks waiting in their burrow. Some of them wait outside the burrows and watch every adult go past until their parents arrive. Some of the penguins have burrows a long way from the beach and take a long time to get there.Baby chicks are dark blue and get darker as they grow.


look at all the penguin




Look at the seals
I am at the nobbies 

I am at the sea

I am ready to see penguins

Look a me with piplop 
I am standing next to information

1 comment: